Monday, June 21, 2010

Chemical Dependency

It’s the time of year where I have to admit that I am chemically dependent on...Round up. Any other time of year, I’m willing to put on my hat and gloves, grab my gardening bag, and hit the flower beds. But once the heat shatters the 90 degree, massive humidity mark, I break out the Round up. (Maybe it’s the evil dictator intent on world domination in me, I tested out as Sauron in the LOTR personality test, but I love killing weeds.) Nothing’s more fulfilling than spraying unsuspecting healthy green weeds with Round-up and knowing they’ll be toast within a few days. Bwa-ha-ha!

I sprayed weeds on Saturday, and when I went running this morning I had satisfaction of seeing the weeds had already started to turn brown. Of course, if my neighbors actually cut their “grass” (read weed patches) on a regular basis I might not have such weed problems, but that’s another story.

In the meantime, die, weeds, die!

7 comments:

  1. I can just see it now....Lady Sauron's Weeding Co...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to rain on your parade, but you actually did not test out as Sauron. It was a side comment that you might be like Sauron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Lady Who-Might-as-well-be-Sauron's Weeding Co.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the name of your weeding company! Actually Chris has been battling thistles of recent with that stuff. Love to see them turn brown - now we just have to dig them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there seriously a LOTR personality test? GRIN

    I would probably test out as Tom Bombadil, at peace with my weeds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yeah, there is a LOTR personality test. (I'll check with my tech sources--my kids--and try to get a link posted.) Here's the bad news about it. No matter how many times I take the test trying to get Eowyn or Goldberry (my favorite characters), I always come out as some nasty dwarf and the test comment "If you turned to evil, you could be Sauron."

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was one, I'm not sure if it still exists.

    ReplyDelete