Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bomb Threats and Writers' Quotes

The university that Luke and Ariel attend had a bomb threat this morning.  Luke was sent home as part of the evacuation of threatened buildings.  Ariel's still in class.  I'm wondering if she's going to be evac'd.  Sigh.  Why do people think this will actually help them during midterms?  Do they seriously think an extra day of study is going to make a difference?


Being that it's Thursday, here's the writer's quote for the day.  Enjoy.



‘Writing is a deeply immersive experience.  When the words are flying, the house could be burgled and I wouldn’t notice.  I have a low boredom threshold and I like intensity – writing is a way of escaping the quotidian.’

~William Wordsworth

2 comments:

  1. I did hear mention of the bomb threat.. I hope Ariel will be okay!! Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That perfectly describes what happened when I was writing during the recent storms. It hasn't rained in a month, there were tornado warnings all around, and I couldn't even tell my husband if it had rained while he was gone hunting! It was sunny, May, and the honeysuckle was blooming where I was :-).

    ReplyDelete