Monday, September 16, 2013

Paris Photos

I spend most of this past week at the hospital with a friend, so I'm playing "catch up with life" now.

And because I don't have time today to write a blog post, I'm posting a few "never-before-seen" photos from our Paris trip. I hope you enjoy them.

This is in the Petit Trianon at Versailles. The railing originally had Louis XIV in the medallions. Marie Antoinette had it replace with MA.



 This is a barometer/thermometer. The interesting thing is that the temperature is marked like this "St. Petersburg during the winter," etc.

Every member of our home is strictly forbidden from blowing dandelions. I, on the other had, blew one in Marie Antoinette's garden.

In a French cafe for a late dinner. And for reasons that I don't understand, it looks light outside. But it was at least 10 pm.



6 comments:

  1. I also went to Versailles on my trip to France, but we ran out of time before I could see anything else except for the palace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Paris, especially the Latin quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, the apartment we stayed in was in the Latin Quarter. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misha,

    We were going to go to Versailles on a Saturday so we could see the fountain show. But we decided to go on a Wednesday when there would be fewer tourists. I'm so glad we went then--very few people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing those pics!

    (Sorry about your friend. Hope everything is ok)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay more photos! That is a big dandelion!

    Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete